metropolis health system uses a basic work week of 40 hrs. throughout the system,. thus, one-full time employee works 40 hrs per week. MHS
also uses a standard 24 hr scheduling system of three 8/hr shifts. The director of nursing needs to compute the staffing requirements to fill the operating
room positions. since MHS is a trauma center the OR is staffed 24/hrs a day, 7 days a week. at present, staffing is identical for all seven days of the week,
although the director of nursing is questioning the efficiency of this method.
the operating room department is staffed with 2 nursing supervisors on the day shift ane nursing supervisor apiece on the evening shifts.
there are 2 technicians on the day shift, 2 technicians on the evening shifts, and one technician on the night shift. there are 3 RNs on the day shift, 2 RNs
on the evning shift, and 1 on RN plus 1 LPN on the night shift. in addition, there is 1 aide plus 1 clerical worker on the day shift.
1. set up staffing requirements worksheet, using the format: shift 1/day- shift/2/day- shift 3/night- 24/hr scheduling total….
2. compute the number of FTEs required to fill the operating rooms staffing positions
MAY 11, 2014 NO COMMENTS
Choose two long-term care facilities”??one from nursing facilities, assisted living, or subacute care and another from adult day care, home health care, or
hospice care”??on which you would want to base your research work. Research the South University Online Library and the Internet to read about your chosen
long-term care facilities.
Assume you are responsible for the management and administration of the two facilities. You have to orient the newly appointed manager by providing an overview
on managing long-term care. You also need to discuss the programs of the two facilities. From this perspective and based on your research about the facilities,
prepare a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation of 10″?o15 slides including the following:
- What are the various multidisciplinary departments (teams) included in your facilities?
- Who comprise the target population being served by the various programs provided by your chosen facilities?
- What are the major staffing and human resource issues faced by your chosen facilities?
- What are the significant trends in long-term care likely to impact the operation of the various programs provided by your chosen facilities, and
what is your plan of action to overcome them?
- What are the various forms of cooperation and integration existing in your chosen facilities? Discuss the nature of management, financing, and quality
issues related to integration and cooperation in the facilities?
Support your responses with examples.
Use the Notes section of the slides to provide additional information.