Question 15 0 / 1 point
According to the UMUC Academic Levels of Progress policy, the only criterion for academic probation is a student’s GPA falling below 3.0.
- a) True
- b) False
Question 16 0 / 1 point
As a graduate student at UMUC, you are expected to be an independent learner. This means that you __________.
- a) critically analyze information presented to you
- b) actively engage in the opportunity to master the subject area of your chosen discipline
- c) spend a lot of time learning on your own time, outside of class
- d) all of the above
Question 17 1 / 1 point
You are writing a paper on firearms in the workplace and you find some statistics on the National Rifle Association site (www.nra.org/). What is the best strategy to apply if you want to use those statistics in your paper?
- a) You shouldn’t use the statistics at all because they come from the free Web.
- b) Check the statistics against other sources before you use them because they may be biased.
- c) Use the statistics because they support your thesis statement and the National Rifle Association is well-known.
- d) none of the above